By completing this learning the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the principles of an evidence based preventative approach to reducing crime and antisocial behavior
- Understand the concept of designing out crime through the application of CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design)
- Understand the design phase in relation to the built environment
- Understand the role of the planning system in relation to the built environment
- Be able to apply designing out crime to the built environment
Individuals working in roles responsible for the safety and security of the built environment, also Design Out Crime Officer or equivalent in policing.
This would also appeal to those roles in partner agencies and organisations, such as designers. planners and architects, who have an interest in improving the design of the built environment.
Workplace delivery – 10 days. (This can be flexible to meet the needs of the learners / business.)
Assessment evidence post delivery to be submitted within 12 months.