By completing this learning the delegate will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘radicalisation’ and the aim of the Prevent Strategy
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of adults in relation to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be able to recognise the signs of radicalisation and the actions that can be taken to reduce the risk of exposure to radical influencers
- Be able to recognise indicators of abuse
- Identify the role that social media plays in radicalization, cyber/online bullying of children and young people
*Please see the qualification specification for the full list of learning outcomes.
Anyone who has a responsibility to help safeguard young people and help to prevent their radicalisation.
It demonstrates that individuals understand the purpose of the Prevent Strategy helping to safeguard children and young people.
Distance learning via resources provided.
Completion and submission of an assessment workbook.
Workplace delivery can be provided for this event, to suit the needs of the organisation.